.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shade's Rough Day

Shade's Rough Day

It was a bad day for me but I am OK now.

First off, the photo from yesterday's post of Goldie outside was from last weekend. I was outside too and loved hanging out on the playground!



The PM thought the foxes had made their way back into the deep woods but saw them a couple of days after we went out so we were all put on house arrest again. We have been crazy though about trying to escape. I thought I had the perfect plan.

We had another crazy bird in the woodstove and the PM had the wee ones all in their spots ready for action. The wee lad opens the stove door, the wee lass opens the front door and the PM stands on a chair holding a blanket to block access to the kitchen. Banshee and Goldie were locked in the bathroom and I was asleep upstairs, or so they thought. The doors were opened, the bird flew out and I took off too.

This creature was spotted in the berm earlier and the PM was wondering if the groundhog had a hole somewhere in there.



Well, I saw a hole and went to investigate. There was scrambling, a flash of buck teeth and I was making a bee-line back to the house. I thought my nose felt funny and I knew I was in trouble when I saw the look on the PM's face.



I ended up at the V-E-T as the PM was worried. It did look pretty bad. All these photos are taken after I came back as the PM was too upset before we left. I have cream to put on it for 10 days and I ended up getting my yearly needles at the same time as the vet thought I was OK. She thinks it was probably a gash from the groundhog and we have to watch out for infection.

After a bite to eat, the PM took me up to her bed. 


I had a wash and felt better.



The moral of this story is "If you see a hole, do not stick your nose it in!!!!!!!".



I am going to sleep a long, long time and try to forget about those horrid yellow teeth.




29 comments:

Cory said...

GASP! Shade!!! We are speechless! Ok now...we'd lecture you but I think you got the lesson. Holes and noses definitely do not mix! You are very lucky to be ok. I'd give you a nose lick if I was there, but that might hurt just a wee bit.

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh Shade thank goodness you're okay!! How scary!

quiltcat said...

Oh Shade! that must have hurt a lot! thank goodness woodchucks are vegetarians, right?! she probably thought you were going in after her babies. We hope your sweet nosey heals quickly.

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

Goodness Shade, we are so glad you're alright.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Poor Shade! What an awful experience. Do be careful next time!!!

#1 says she has had the bird in the woodstove experience a couple of times on the Island, and it's always "interesting" to deal with!

Your Friends,
Tommy, Tama-Chan and Sei-Chan

Cat with a Garden said...

Oh Shade! I would have stuck my nose in there too! Most definetely. That looks like you must have gotten quite the lesson. We all hope you heal rapidly, sweet one.
Purrs, Chilli

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh poor Shade! I hope your nose feels better soon. I'll be staying away from holes from now on too.

Huffle Mawson

Elin said...

OMC Shade!!

I'm speecless too!

Take care dear!

xoxo

ps: I feel like I learned something today!

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh NO! we hopes you get better soon!!!

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh NO! we hopes you get better soon!!!

Parker said...

Oh Shade! Your sweet nose! I bet your PM was beside herself!

Forever Foster said...

Oh Shade! You poor little lady cat! That must have been very scary. We're sending you and the PM big purrs, and hope the cream works it's magic for you.

Hansel said...

firs- we are SO proud of yoor mommeh fur taking yoo ta booster yoor shotties.

Secoond. WAT WAZ YOO FINKING?! effuree one nos dat yoo RUNNNNN AWAAAAYYY from scaree fings. Not chase dem! --hansel.


I wud haf done same fing furrend. I fink i shud smash hansel nows. -tesla.

The Creek Cats said...

Bless heart, Shade! What an ordeal! We are so glad to hear you are going to be ok.

Thanks for warning us NOT to stick our heads in holes to investigate.

Feel better soon, sweetheart!

BooBoo said...

That's probably good advice about holes. But I think if I saw one I'd have to stick my head in there too. Otherwise, how would you know what's in there?

Miss Lizzy said...

We didn't know you were back, so glad you left us a message! Those hurty places look pretty bad & glad that there was not a bigger tussle. Napping is almost always the best medicine for trauma!

Anonymous said...

Oh, nose! That is some very good advice, because Crikey is always sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. Now that we know there is the possible threat of lurking groundhogs, we'll be sure to keep our noses to ourselves!

Tuck said...

Poor Shade!! That must have hurt! I hope that it is feeling better now! Who knew that groundhogs were so dangerous??

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Shade, that is an ugly gash that groundhog left on your nose. Don't they understand a cat is supposed to be curious?

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Oh por you, that looks sore. I think you must listen to what mum says, they usualy know best.


Hugs GJ x

The Island Cats said...

Oh Shade! You did learn a lesson today!! We hope your nose heals fast...and we won't be sticking our noses in any holes!

Luna und Luzie said...

Poor Shade, that is a bad bad experience. But where you should know what happens if you put your nose in a hole ?
We are glad to read that you´re ok !
purrs
Luna, Luzie and Olli

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh my gosh, Shade! Please be careful of holes outside. I am glad you are ok!
--JB

My Littel Island said...

O my lory the bist put the bite on your beautiful nosy stey in side no bistis in the house

Sweet Purrfections said...

Oh no, Shade! I hope your nose heals quickly.

las794 said...

Owie! your poor little nose! Yeah, let's steer clear of unexplored holes for a while.

Cliff and Olivia said...

Oh Shade, what a vicious creature! We hope your wounds heal soon and we'll be sure to take your advise not to stick our noses in holes.

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Shade, I'm so sorry you were attacked by a ferocious groundhog. I'm very glad that you're okay. It seems that kitties are now going to have add ferocious groundhogs to our list of tormentors along with vishus deer and evil squirrels. We hope your sweet little nose heals quickly.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh Shade, your poor nose. WE are purring it heals soon. ~S,S,C & F

© 2008 Sumac Stories by Goldie, Shade & Banshee - 3 Canadian Cats