.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

I take it all back.

I take it all back.

Ok, I don't want to be friends with a fox, I don't wish to live with them for the day. I am thinking about making a move back to the city.

I was feeling OK to go out, as long as there were no carpets in the vicinity. I normally just run out and right back in after I do my business as it has been so flippin' cold, but it wasn't that bad out. Since I found out the snow is OK to walk on top of, I decided to do a little look around. I hung out in front of the kitchen window for awhile then decided to take a little walk to the other side of the yard to visit my beloved sumac tree. I sniffed around a bit and then saw the PM in the doorway. I gave her my "I'm coming" nod and started to saunter across the yard.



Half way to the door, about 15ft away, something caught the corner of my eye and there standing at the corner of the house was the FOX! I was overcome with fear, I have to admit and dropped straight to my belly. Then the vixen made the craziest call I have ever heard in my life. She sounded like a prehistoric bird or something. I was paralyzed, staring at this wild creature. The PM was spooked too as she heard the call and opened the door. She came out yelling at me to "get my furry butt back in the house". I really couldn't move. The fox changed to her warning bark and I was bombared with yells and barks. The fox took a few steps toward me and I belly-knee-elbow ran to the door.

The PM turned around and the fox had ran to where I had been and was sniffing the snow. She opened the door and started yelling again for the fox to git. This went on for awhile. The PM yelling, the fox retreating a few steps and barking back. Then she did something totally out of character, she started growling. Yes the PM, my mom, not the fox. That worked though as the fox gave one more warning bark and ran into the field.

I have had a rough week, I don't want to think anymore.



PM here, I have talked to some people and we think maybe the fox thinks Goldie is a young fox. That is why she keeps hanging around and that loud cry could have been a call to the babies. The bark in a warning call and she did that at me but not at Goldie. She looked like she wanted to play with Goldie. I have to hoop and holler if I see her again and resort to throwing things if she doesn't run away at the sound of my voice. He will only be going out now flanked by bodyguards.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. This is a very sacirty adventure! You should rest now and get many treats!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Goldie, you are very brave going out in the cold snow, especially with a fox around! Wow! We are glad your mom scared the fox away. We hope you get a very good toy and get lots of treats.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Oh man Goldie! I thought you were a goner for sure! Be very careful when you go out next time! Personally, I would stay inside.

DK & The Fluffies said...

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Spooky said...

Wow, Goldie...that would scare one or two lives out of me, for sure! I think I'd be content with the litter box and looking at the outdoors through the glass now!

Halloween said...

Wow Goldie, The Fox! I have been following your snow adventures very closely because I have never seen snow. Or foxes. Snow looks like it might be fun but The Fox is scary. You are very lucky that the PM was there to make sure you got in the house right away. I am sure PM feels the same way. I think you're going to be watching winter from a window from now on.

Many purrs, Halloween

Lux said...

I was scared just *reading about this! Your mom was brave to scare the fox away ... I'm so glad it all turned out okay and you're all right!

Anonymous said...

"Oh My" that's very scary. Please be careful when you go out.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

What a cool outdoor photo that is. But, you need to be careful! That fox could have eaten you for dinner! We have coyotes near my house, but I don't go outside....they scare me!
--JB

Mickey's Musings said...

WOW!!! That was a really close call! I would heve been scared too. I am glad you have bodyguards now :)
I think you need some indoor time for a little spoiling ;)
Purrs Mickey

Poppy Q said...

Hi Goldie and Shade fanks for visiting me on my blog and saying such nice things. It is very nice to meet you.

Seems likes you is having big adventures!! Luckily in New Zealand we don't have foxes,lions, snakes or bears. So I is allowed in and out anytime I please.

Have a nice weekend and please keep warm and safe away from the fox.

© 2008 Sumac Stories by Goldie, Shade & Banshee - 3 Canadian Cats