.

Shade~Goldie is sleeping, resting from his day so I am going to tell the story.

We had another long chat about the winter and how the snow has a thick crust on it due to all the freezing rain. Nothing scary. He was unsure until he saw the MusicMan and the wee ones out there walking on top of the snow too. He got his energy back and he went out with them. I said he should stay in and rest one more day but you know those young Mancats, they don't listen.

As the door was being shut I heard the MusicMan ask, "Hey Goldie, want to go on a crazy carpet ride?" My calls of "No, Goldie!" echoed in the house, unheard and I saw him run over to them.

Our yard has a slight incline and with all of the ice, it was the perfect sliding hill.

I watched in horror mixed in with a touch of anticipation as the MusicMan picked Goldie up and sat with him...on the crazy carpet...with the wee ones...on the top of the slope. The apricot fool had such a serene look on his face it was almost too much to bear, but I kept watching. They started moving, faster and faster, the crazy carpet making a loud, scraping sound in the quiet woods. Goldie's furr face contorted into something unrecognizable, then the flailing started. A blurr of paws, furr and limbs. Then as if plucked off the carpet by the unseen hand of Mother Nature herself, Goldie leaped and made a bee-line for the door, paws slipping out from under him all the way.



I know you shouldn't laugh in those types of situations but I couldn't help it. It was a spectacle to behold. Goldie looking like he had been through the war. I think it aged him a bit.



Goldie, ranting in the background~ Crazy carpet! Yeah, I was the crazy one! They should call it "a death ride"," a ticket to hell", "full speed to broken legs"...

Shade~ I better go, he needs me.

9 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Oh my goodness, Goldie, what a scary experience!!! You are very brave for going outside with all that cold white stuff on the ground. You must be a little insane too, for getting on the crazy carpet. ;)

Parker said...

Yikes! Goldie, I am glad you are OK!

Mr. Hendrix said...

aaaaaaaaccccckkkkk!!!!! Wow Goldie! That was scary just to read about. No wonder you wanted to come in. What a brave Mancat you are just to give it a try. You do look a little older, and a little wiser after that experience....


Shade, I hope we won't see you on a carpet ride of doom! I think Goldie needs a little extra snuggle time today.

PB 'n J said...

Holy Cow Goldie - that was crazy/brave! We're glad you're ok (and glad that we don't have any big hills in our yard otherwise Daddy might get some ideas)!

Spooky said...

EEEEK! In the snow and on the ice is no place for us Cats! Goldie, I am so glad that you are okay! Shade, thank you for relating this horrible tale to us. Please take care of each other!

Boy said...

Oh goodness!!! Goldie, are you ok?

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww... that is really really amazing~!!!
I think there is someone must praying for you so hardly that's why you are doing ok and back!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

EEEEKKKK!!!! that sounds like a very skeery experience!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

You went out in snow? Snow is wet and cold and dangerous. What possessed you?

© 2008 Sumac Stories by Goldie, Shade & Banshee - 3 Canadian Cats