.

Wow! That was a looong week! I am very glad to be back. The PM had a good trip but we were stuck with a very sick Music Man so not so much fun for us. He did remember to feed us so that's a good thing!!

The PM is now sick and we have nothing new and interesting to report. No adventures, no neat photos. So instead of posting a daily snow melt report, we are going to take the week to post some of our favorite posts from last winter

This is my absolute favorite. I haven't had a chance to replicate this at all this winter.

I got it, I got IT, I GOT IT!!!!!!!

Yes, I am great, I used my superb tracking and hunting skills and that sly mouse is GONE!!! I knew if I waited long enough, he'd make another appearance. It didn't last long though. I am sooooo good it scares me, really.

There was just a very small problem with the situation, a slight issue that put a damper on my enthusiasm.



I know, I know, not good.

I am not sure what happened but it has been so long since I got a vile mouse that I may have been a little too zealous with my post kill corpse fling.

As you can see, the mouse ended up IN the wee ones toy basket in the livingroom. The discovery of said mouse was actually really quite funny. Well, to me at least.

Wee one (2 1/2 yrs old)~ Momma, where is my moose?
PM~ Check your basket.
Wee one (2 1/2 yrs old)~(Takes all the big toys out)~ Momma, there's a mouse in here.
PM~Yes, that's what you were looking for.
Wee one (2 1/2 yrs old)~ No, a mouse.
PM~Isn't that what you wanted?
Wee one (2 1/2 yrs old)~ NO, a mouse. Come see.
PM~Ahhhhh! It is MOUSE.
Wee one (2 1/2 yrs old)~ That's what I saaaaaid!

Funny eh?

PM didn't think so. I got the "leave a dead mouse where I can see it right away" speech. They should be happy I am so fierce. What do they want, a house filled with vermin?

Any way, I am happy. MANCAT MONDAY indeed!

22 comments:

Cory said...

That was an awesome bit of hunting...and we think it's pretty funny (but we weren't there)...moooses...meeces...mices..by any name they are still more fun than any toy!

quiltcat said...

Must have been quite frustrating to the wee one who thought he/she was learning English just fine, and then mama doesn't seem to understand the difference between moose and mouse! At least you left the mouse in decent shape, Goldie...imagine if you had bitten the head off the way us hunters usually do!

Forever Foster said...

Hahaha! Now that's placement!

Welcome home, PM! We hope your trip was wonderful:)

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Now that's really very good! Great for a Monday morning!

Your Friends,
Tom and Tama-Chan

Parker said...

I salute you Goldie!

Country Cats said...

Wow that is a great post. We have not caught any mousies for Mom ever. We think she would be very proud if we ever did, though.

The Island Cats said...

We are so proud of you Goldie!!! Now that's a real mancat for you!!!

Teddy Westlife said...

You couldn't have done better if you'd tried!

Huffle Mawson

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

That was very funny. And we thinks a mouse in a toy basket is very logical. Scylla put a toy mouse in Mom's purse one time. We thought that was funny, but she wasn't amused. ~S,S,C & F

My Littel Island said...

O NO dont kill the mus u put it i a shoe and then u let it out and u carry it a rounf fur a littel bit then back in the shoe and the u lay on the shoe fur all and nap this waey a mus last fur a long time i do this it was funn GEORGE

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Glad the PM is back. Wow, a real mouse? How cool is that!
--JB

Quill and Greyson said...

I missed all of you! Sorry for the sickness, hope all of your humans return to health again soon.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

What a wonderful hunter you are. I think that box with the moose was a very good place to fling the mouse;)

Anonymous said...

HAHHAHAH I am glad that it is not just us kitties that the hoomans don't listen too.. welcome to our club wee one! :))
That was a very funny story though :)
V-V

meemsnyc said...

eeeek, a mouse in your toy basket!! Those are good hunting skills! Mommy would be scared if that happened here. She is scared of mice.

Cat with a Garden said...

A truly great post, Goldie! We liked the idea of hiding a dead mousie somewhere... Actually in our family only mom caught a mouse so far. We shall post about it one day!
Purrs, your impressed friends Siena & Chilli.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Flinging the corpse is part of the fun! Your Momma needs to deal with it :-p

Mr. Black said...

Flinging the mouse into a basket of cat toys might have been a better idea. But, mouse-flinging can never result in landing in a precise target.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Good hunting Goldie. Mouse flinging is the best part. I like to see how high I can fling them. Once I flung one on the patio table and I looked everywhere for it. Mum stood and laughed at me instead of telling me where it was.
Flynn

Tuck said...

Mouse hunting sounds like fun! I think that was a fine place to hide it!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Looks like the blurpy bean enjoyed it! What are we going to do with the moms?

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Mousies are toys, so you put it in the perfect place. We hope the PM and the Music Man feel better very soon.

© 2008 Sumac Stories by Goldie, Shade & Banshee - 3 Canadian Cats