.

Shade~

I know there are some curvy cats out there and I thought a review of one of my photo tips would come in handy.

Before this blogging business, I never really paid attention to how I look in photos. Well, I have been studying them recently and will post my findings and tips periodically.

Today is Tip #1.

When you are a slightly rotund cat, you need to be aware of your angles and find out what works best for you. The best idea is to stretch yourself as long as possible to give the illusion of thinness. This next shot is of me reclining on the PM during our relaxing time when the wee ones and Goldie are all in bed. Laying on something that is not flat is also good as you mould into the curves.



This next shot is a classic "taking a bath" shot and really should be avoided. I look like a ball and not in a cute way. Also I am propping my rump up with a pillow and a small toy spoon. This is also not very slimming. If you are going to lie on a uneven surface said surface has to be bigger than you. Finally, stay away from patterns as they bring too much attention to you. I should have been on the plain couch and not the crazy chair, with added plaid throw.



Hope this helps. Practice with a mirror if need be.

20 comments:

Luna und Luzie said...

Those are really good tips. W´ll try it too soon.
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Nevertheless we love your pictures today!
I saw the mousie in the basket in the last post,they are the most hunted mice of our cats
purrs
Luna, Luzie and Olli

Cat with a Garden said...

Hahahaha! Thank you for the tips! We started into the day with a big smile on our faces!!!

Teddy Westlife said...

I must remember these tips.

Huffle Mawson

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Thank you for the tips. Mum laughed at me and said it will take far more than that to make me look svelte. Hmphhh!! Don't know what she means. She wants to try looking in the mirror herself.
Eric

Parker said...

I really need to remember these tips!

Forever Foster said...

Hahaha! I will show this to Fui straight away!
-Suey

Anonymous said...

Wow Shade! Those are really some great tips! I know mommas wishes I had to worry about these things but I is still a skinny little man.. I hope one day I fill out nice like you :))
V-V

Tuck said...

Those are great tips...thanks for sharing!!!

Country Cats said...

Those are very good tips! We blame our bad photos on our photographer.
Happy St. Patty's Day!

Love and Luck,
Kaleb, Rosie, & Teal'c

Tom Cat said...

Good ideas, if you want to go for skinny, I like showing off my big mancat body!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Very useful tips! ... Although... the only person around here who might need them would be my Grandmama who is a little bit, well curvy...

Purrs,
Tama-Chan

quiltcat said...

That is really excellent advice, Shade! most of us end up looking like beachballs with stripes or tuxedos...glad to know it's all the photographer's fault for not chosing a more flattering angle!

Liss said...

Oh Fatty loves that tip, it was very helpful to him.

Mr. Black said...

Those are very good tips! I'm passing them along to the lady who needs them a LOT more than I do.

Mickey's Musings said...

Shade,those are very good tips!!!! Mom thinks we are a bit 'round' and even calls Tillie Lil' Roundums" !!!!!
We look forward to your future tips :)
Purrs Georgia & Tillie

Cory said...

Thanks for the very useful tips! I think Ginger needs to read up on this and figure something out since she looks a bit "plump" in all her photos no matter what she does! Tee hee!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

We are very grateful for your excellent tips. Every Wednesday, we live in fear that Mommy is going to do a "Widebody Wednesday" post. These tips are exactly what we need.

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh Shade these are excellent tips!!

Sweet Purrfections said...

My mom has a few shots of me looking pretty wide!

Cliff and Olivia said...

Very good tips! Thanks.

© 2008 Sumac Stories by Goldie, Shade & Banshee - 3 Canadian Cats