.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday Meme Day

Saturday Meme Day

Today we are going to catch up on some memes. First off, Junior, tagged us for the three name meme.

Three Names Meme

Lots of kitties wanted to know what Tara's three names were after her Mom went to see Cats the other night. It got Tara and Kavan to thinking of a fun meme. In case you aren't familiar with The Naming of Cats, in the Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, by T.S. Eliot, we all have three names! So, in this meme, you must link to the originator of the meme Tara list the following rules, and then tell:

1. The name that the family uses daily (such as Peter, Agustus, Alonzo, or James)
2. The name that is particular, a name that's peculiar, and more dignified (such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat)
3. What you are doing when you are thinking of the name that only you know, and will never confess (when engaged in rapt contemplation), that deep and inscrutable singular name.


Here are ours:

Goldie
Goldus Amonus
Laying in the garden where the scent of catmint is wafting through the air.

Shade
Shady Lady Loo
Laying outside under the cedar tree where it is cool and breezy.

I was tagged by my buddy Chairman Mao for this fun meme.

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post,the player than tags 4 or 5 people and post their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you have posted your answer.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago? I was nowhere to be seen ten years ago. The PM didn't even know the Music Man then. Scary.

2. What are the 5 things on my to do list for today: (1) Beg to go out. (2) Scratch the door in a pathetic attempt to get outside. (3) Hide by the door and wait until a wee one goes to open it and then make a mad dash for it. (4) Climb the door jam in protest. (5) Sit in the window facing the beans outside and look very depressed.

3. Snacks I enjoy: Temptayshuns, stinky goodness, oatmeal (stolen), noodles (stolen) and mice.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: I would buy a huge farm with lots of staff so we could take care of abandoned animals of all sorts for years and years and years.

5. Three of my bad habits: Oh My... Well... (1) Attacking Shade EVERY time she comes hopping down the stairs. (2) Eating dead flies and then breathing on the PM (3) Eating fluff, lint and my fur off of the rug.

6. Five places I have lived: I have only lived in two places. My first home, some jock who moved out West and my forever home here in the woods. I was on my way to the SPCA with the jock's sister when she called the PM as a last ditch effort and THANK GOD the PM took me in!

7. Five jobs I have had: (1) Vermin Destroyer, (2) Bird slayer, (3) Catmint Connoisseur , (4) Poop Flinger, (5) Love Pig

We'll tag anyone else left out there who wants to play.

I DID IT!!!!!! I escaped. I am so cunning and quick. The wee-est one opened the door to come in and I snuck out unseen. Oh, how wonderful to be on the grass again. I roll and roll...



...and roll and...



"Goldie!"

Oh crap....

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poop Flinger... hehehe. You look lovely in your moment of delicious escape! Keep trying!

Parker said...

Your "Oh Crap" look was priceless!
ps - Mommy said that you have a lovely country - they had a lot of fun in Windsor!

Mickey's Musings said...

Dang!!!!!!!! Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet it was worth it though!! Those were good memes 'Bug Breath'
Purrs Mickey

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

There's nuffin better than rolling around in the big outside. We can see you wuz enjoying it until you got spotted.
Hehe we're going to try poop flinging.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh crap is right, it's fun til mom catches us! At least yoo gots to roll in da dirt and grass a little bit.

Luna und Luzie said...

I love rolling around outside too! You looks cute there.
Great meme and great answers, how interesting to read, hehe
hugs
Luna

Colby and Cheddar said...

You are a beautiful orangey-gold. Goldie is a great name for you! We have tried escaping, too. We are allowed on the screened-in porch, but Mom won't let us outside 'cause there's a raccoon that knocks over our trash can and there's hawks that have picked up kittens before (!!). Of course, Mom wouldn't let a hawk get us, but we'll stay close by our food bowl just in case.

Thanks for commenting on our blog today! We blogroll thingied you!

MaoMao said...

Oh Goldie, Momma saided SQUEEEEE at yur pickshures! You're such a beeyootiful big floofy lion boy, and efurrytime I see a pickshure of you I say, THERE'S BRAINBALL ecksept you're Goldie!! hehe

Your meme was superduper. I laffed at Poop Flingur. I'm a Poop Flingur, too. And I also hadded to laff at yur habit of eatin yur fuzz -- Brainball eats his fuzz, too. Momma and Daddy call him The FuzzGuzzler!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao, and Brainball sends floofy headbonks to his soul brutha!

Anonymous said...

*giggle*, Goldie! Those pictures of you rolling around are adorable. And I enjoyed reading your meme!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Ana said...

Hehe, you 5 things on your to-do list got me laughing! You are gorgeous!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Fun memes! :) You both have wonderful names. :) Goldie, it looks like you were really enjoying your roll outside!

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

That was classic "Oh Crap", Goldie! tee hee
we enjoyed your memes too!
Have a grreat start to the week!
Purrs and headnudgies,

© 2008 Sumac Stories by Goldie, Shade & Banshee - 3 Canadian Cats